Bloggers often have difficulty increasing traffic to their website, no matter how much content they produce or how often they seem to advertise. However, putting in some effort to make just a few small changes will help get your message the attention it deserves. Here are some simple adjustments you can make to your blog that will lead you and your website to success.
1. Create a meaningful value proposition. Basically, what is it that your blog can do for me? Better yet, what can your blog do for your audience? To answer this question, you’ll have to peer into the psyche of your audience. What do they care about and how can you fit their needs?
Once you have your proposition then it’s time to implement it into your website…
2. Make an unforgettable brand slogan. This slogan should instantly communicate to your audience what you’re all about. Use your value proposition to create your slogan; the two should be thoroughly connected. Keep it simple to keep it memorable. It should be short and clear.
3. Get a great set of photos. Take time to get a professional photo shoot done. If you run a service, get pictures of that service. If you sell some type of product, get pictures of that product. People don’t want to just read about your business, they want to actually see it so they know what to expect.
4. Get a professional logo. Again, your website is all about appearances and serving the customer. Your logo should reflect your value proposition and maintain a professional appearance.
Some businesses create their own logos, but most commission logos from designers. If you’re not sure where to begin, start by contacting a logo designer.
5. Update your About page. This page is one of the most visited on any website, so it’s important to fill it with meaningful information. Share who you and your business are – dig into the psyche of your audience. What would they want or need to see?