The Golden Rule Of Conversion
Treat website visitors like you would like to be treated in a website.
As business owners online we are too close to our story and product to think clearly about our own website design.
ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS
- FOCUS – What’s the focus of my page, what I want to say, or what they want to know or learn?
- THE RABBIT HOLE – Is there an obvious next deeper step they can take. How far down the rabbit hole can they dig?
- USEFUL – Does my content display my cleverness or offer seriously useful information to visitors?
- FACTS – Does my content have lots of my opinion or actual facts?
- PUSH or PULL – We all want to lock people in our sites. Are you doing this by manipulating visitors or enticing them with better than average content? Are they being “pushed” or “pulled”?
- TOP 5 – If your visitor went to your website and 9 of your competitors’ websites, would they still think you are at least in the top 5?
- WIN-WIN – Have you aligned YOUR goal for their visit with THEIR most likely goal (contact you and become a lead (for you) for example while getting some valuable information(for them))?
- 4 PERSONAS – Have you appealed to all possible personas on the home page? (spontaneous, competitive, humanistic, analytic)